framed by the earth and the sky
frozen with a click
Poetic pictures of Japan, Spring 2009. As captured by my Canon IXUS 970 IS camera.
(Above) The BWWT 6 Bearbrick designed by Japanese contemporary poet Sandaimeuotakehamadashigeo. You can get CDs/DVDs of his poetry readings from his website.
1. Looking out into the garden of Nijo Castle, Kyoto.
2. Ducks at Ueno Park, Tokyo.
3. Short pine trees at the edge of the Castle Park, Osaka.
4. Wooden prayer boards called 'ema' are hung outside the Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa, Tokyo.
5. Trendy Japanese teenagers at a Tokyo JR Station.
6. Nothing compares to dining under cherry trees in bloom, behind the Yasaka-jinja Shrine in the old Gion district of Kyoto.
7. Red Japanese parasol at the Nijo Castle Garden, Kyoto.
8. The majestic Osaka Castle before dusk.
9. An arch of paper lanterns outside the Senso-ji Temple, Tokyo.
10. The sand garden at the Ginkakuji Temple (or Silver Pavilion) in Kyoto.
11. Wooden Japanese architecture at Ueno Park, Tokyo.
12. The bridge across the moat at the Osaka Castle.
13. If you lie down on a picnic blanket at Ueno Park, Tokyo, this is what you will see.
14. Huge lanterns outside the Senso-ji Temple at Asakusa, Tokyo.
15. The landmark Prada Building, designed by Herzog and De Meuron, at the chic Aoyama shopping district in Tokyo.
16. The most beautiful restroom sign I've seen. Lumine, Shinjuku Station, Tokyo.
All pics by by yours truly. Copyright: Bearbrick Lover 2009 :-)
Thursday, May 7, 2009